Get PR & Branding Power Tips from Pam Perry

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Open Letter from my sister, Kim Jordan


See video at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1481095124/kim-jordan-uncommon#


Hello Everyone,

My name is Kim Jordan, and I was born to create music. I am blessed to wear many hats, Keyboardist, Producer, Composer, Arranger, Engineer, Educator and Minister.

I have been given the "gift of music." And, what is a gift? A gift is something that someone wants you to have, not because you are deserving of it, but simply because they want you to have it. I know I was given this God-given talent as a tool to convey God’s love and compassion to the world.

The CD project I would like to share with you, and would like your help with, is entitled Uncommon. This project mixes many forms of musical genres such as Jazz, Latin, Fusion, Gospel and others. The message behind the music is simple; “God Loves You Right Where You Are.” Uncommon speaks to those who are broken in spirit, those who are wounded, and, most importantly, those who feel like giving up. This project was divinely designed to lift your spirit and move your soul.

 I don’t feel as if I personally wrote any of the 12 cuts on the project; but, rather, was used as a conduit as each song was downloaded into me to purposely speak to those who are desperately hurting.

Several years ago, I was in a truck accident that caused me to lose a significant amount of my playing ability. I thought my musical career was over, BUT GOD, had other plans for me. He wasn’t finished with me, just like He’s not finished with you.

What I have come to realize is that with every Test, Trial and Tragedy, there is also Triumph! You can’t really have a testimony until there is a test. That accident was my test, but the fruit that has come forth from that accident is a major part of my triumph. God has restored my playing ability, but He has also given me a new mandate and mission.

I believe that one of the reasons that I’m still on the planet is to share with everyone that will listen the message that no matter how bad things may seem, you are loved, you are not forgotten, you still have purpose, value, significance and destiny.

In other words, “Giving Up” is not an option because God himself wants you to know, “He’s Not Finished With You Yet!” The Uncommon CD project is full of life-giving songs of encouragement.

Two years ago, my only brother, Anthony got sick and subsequently died. As I was still grieving, I felt a tremendous urgency to complete Uncommon. I told my business partner and recording engineer of 30 years, Wendell Williamson, that I was ready to resume working on the Uncommon CD project.

Unfortunately, the very next day I received a call that Wendell was in the hospital and within a month’s time, Wendell died. Within 6 months, my musical mentor, Jazz Poet, Gil Scott Heron, also passed away. I’m sharing these stories with you to let you know that Life has dealt all of us some pretty hard blows, and, to be honest, many times I too felt like giving up and walking away.

It was during this period that my production company (Prosounity Music Entertainment, LLC) ran out of resources to complete this project. This is why I am asking for your support.

I am ½ way through the project. As a Producer, I’m aware of the cost involved in producing a quality project from start to finish. For me, asking for money or help with anything is quite humbling; and I am truly humbled by this experience. But, I believe that God uses people to help people; so, I am humbly reaching out to you to help me help others by supporting my efforts to finish the Uncommon Gospel Jazz CD project.

 I am confident you will be pleased, others will be blessed and God will be glorified as a result of your pledges.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to sincerely say “THANK YOU,” and I pray God will richly bless you.
Kim


Follow me on Twitter @kimdjordan






Kim Jordan: Uncommon by Kim Jordan — Kickstarter

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails