"Get here if you can, I don't care how you get here, just get here..."
Put the social back in your social networking!
Click to listen: http://tobtr.com/s/1367968
Networking Tips for Authors
- Be visible. Dress sharp and snappy. Look like someone others want to know because your image says “success.” Be willing to attend functions alone. Networking expands your circle of influence, builds your personal brand, and garners support.
- Give before you get. Sow before you reap. Share information and resources with contacts before asking them for anything. Search for their interests and goals when meeting someone new. Figure out a way to help them.
- Gather, collect, and distribute info. Position yourself as the “go to” person for information. Provide regular updates about helpful events or books. Use an email database system like Constant Contact to simplify the process and send information attractively. See http://ministrymarketingsolutions.constantcontact.com
- Write your vision. Make it plain. Make the most of networking opportunities by having eye-catching marketing materials. Have more than a business card when going to a conference or event. Be intentional about your purpose. Have a bookmark or postcard describing your book. Offer a CD or brochure as a speaker.
- Demonstrate your sincere faith by being a person of character and integrity. Follow the Golden Rule which says, “Treat others as you want to be treated,” with respect and courtesy. Follow up and follow through. Deliver on your promises.
Pam Perry is a ministry marketing pioneer and expert in the African American Christian market. Her public relations and advertising career spans over two decades. She spent the first ten years working in ad agencies and secular media. She has dedicated the past ten to ministry marketing. Her company has a roster of some of the most well known Christian publishers and African American Christian authors in the industry.
SEE EVENTS BY ESSENCE OF MOTOWN LITERARY NETWORK | Click Here!