Get PR & Branding Power Tips from Pam Perry

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Marvin Sapp "The Best In Me" Live - TRIBUTE TO MaLINDA SAPP


A Rare Gem
 Dr. MaLinda Sapp (1967-2010)

Respectfully Submitted
By Teresa Hairston (www.gospeltoday.com )
 
There are times when even for writers, words are difficult. This is one of the times. My heart was Saddened today when I learned of the transition of our dear sister in Christ, and wife of Pastor Marvin Sapp, Dr. MaLinda P. Sapp.
 
I know that as we all pause to shed a tear and utter a prayer, we realize that our pain is mild compared to the ripping of Marvin's heart and the hearts of their wonderful children, Marvin II, Mikaila and Madisson. As well, we realize that the Lighthouse Full life Center Church in Grand Rapids, MI has lost its first and leading lady.
 
MaLinda supported and served her family. She was gifted and intelligent in her own right. In fact, she was so smart that she submitted to the season and position to which God had called her husband, and she was his backbone.
 
Although Marvin has burst onto the front lines of Gospel most noticeably in the last few years, MaLinda was there with him from the beginning. I'm so glad that she got to experience the foretaste of glory in seeing his career blossom.
 
I recently interviewed Marvin for the cover story of Gospel Today (Sep.Oct 2010), and he pointed out that his hit song, "Never Would Have Made It" was borne out of the pain of his father's passing. "Initially, I wasn't going to record it," he said, "but my wife (MaLinda) actually pushed me. Boy! Did she bug me about it! Even up to the week of the recording, we weren't going to do that song, but I said, 'I'll just put it in a medley of songs to appease her.' From there, it was unbelievable! It was a dream come true."


MaLinda made Marvin's dreams come true--on and off stage; that was her assignment, and she fulfilled it well. "She keeps me grounded," he confirmed. "I still have to take out the garbage and help with the kids," he told me in the interview.


MaLinda was the priceless treasure that Proverbs 31 speaks of whose worth was "far above rubies."
 
She was more valuable than a rare gem. She had an inner beauty and a strength of character and a moral firmness that made her a shining example of a Christian mother, wife and woman.

 
Thank you, sis, for your life.
 
 http://www.facebook.com/gospeltodaymagazine
leave prayers or condolences on the Wall here on facebook
Find us on Facebook

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails